This afternoon we’ll have a play date at our place with one of Andrea’s friend. As she is lactose intolerant, I have prepared a bread with almond milk and sunflower oil instead of butter. I have added also some oranges and the result is super, very delicious! (Andrea and I have already tasted it…).
To be honest, who doesn’t like a bread that perfumes their kitchen with a light citrus scent?
This is a light and soft cake that can be ideal for tea break or breakfast.
- 180 gr/6 oz flour
- 65 gr/2 oz cornflour
- 180 gr/6 oz sugar
- 200 ml/7 oz almond milk
- 2 free-range eggs at home temperature
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp fine salt
- 1 orange (pulp and juice)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 ml/3½ fl oz sunflower oil
PREPARATION TIME: 10 MIN
COOKING TIME: 45 min 175C / 350F / Gas Mark 4
- Preheat the oven
- Beating eggs with caster sugar and salt for at least 5 minutes
- Add in a bowl, sifted flour with cornflour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder. Then add milk, oil, orange juice and pulp to taste
- Fill a baking tray for plumcake
- Bake for 45 minutes and let the cake stand
- This is a very versatile cake, you can add whatever you have in the kitchen, nuts, almond, cakes..