When I was pregnant, I ate beetroot almost every day. I like it very much, yes I am that kind of persons that loves vegetables.. It’s rich of minerals, vitamins, in particular folic acid, however this risotto is one of my top recipes for a mum-with-kids: it’s very easy to prepare, rich of vitamins and absolutely sweet, kids will adore it! But it could be a perfect risotto to share with friends for a dinner, actually you are going to look great with this “purple risotto”!
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
- 280 gr Carnaroli Rice
- 1 shallot
- 50 gr butter
- 3 cooked beetroot
- a little white wine
- Philadelphia to taste
- vegetables broth
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 13 min
- Slice beetroots and pureé until smooth with a mixer
- In a saucepan, saute the shallot finely sliced with butter.
- Just shallot begins to brown, add rice and toast for a few minutes. Pour a little white wine and let it evaporate over high heat, then reduce and cook the risotto by adding broth a little at a time.
- Add beetroot 5 minutes before taking off and stir
- At the end add Philadelphia to taste
- Before serving, add a stick of butter
Please let me know your comments, if kids enjoy it!
PH mum what else
© 2016 mum what else all rights reserved