Making cookies makes me happy. When I see the kitchen messed up afterword, I am a bit less happy, but this is one of the activities I enjoy doing with the kids. I see my children concentrated, (Leo looks curiously), and I notice that Andrea is participating more and more actively by squeezing his fingers wherever he likes to taste … We often prepare these cookies because they are easy and quick to prepare. Rolled oats is among the ingredients, that helps the physical and intellectual development, which is why this is strongly recommended for children.
TO BE HONEST THIS IS OUR FAVORITE ACTIVITY IN THIS SEASON WHEN AT 4PM IS ALREADY DARK.
I see that my eldest really enjoy helping me with whisking and making little balls.
These gluten free and diary free cookies are simple to do. They are adaptable, you can replace coconut oil with another vegetable oil or the apple with a banana.
A few things about oats:
- Oats are among the healthiest whole grains on earth: they’re a gluten-free and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants.
- Oats contain many powerful antioxidants, including avenanthramides. These compounds may help reduce blood pressure.
- Oats are high in the soluble fiber beta-glucan, which helps reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels,
- Oats promotes healthy gut bacteria and increases feelings of fullness.
- Studies indicate that oat bran can help reduce constipation.
- 1 cup 128 gr brown sugar
- 1 apple (or banana)
- ¼ cup 57 gr coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups
- 1 cup (125 grams) all-purpose flour or rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flourick/cooking oats, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats.
- Place by rounded tablespoon apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven 12 to 13 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire cooling rack.